- This event has passed.
TRANSFORMING THE TECH SECTOR: BOSTON’S WOMEN LEADERS
September 29, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Earlier this year, a report issued by the Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council showed that women remain vastly underrepresented in core tech jobs despite the fact that the tech sector is booming. It seems that gender diversity is still an issue in the tech industry; it’s harder for women to get core tech jobs, keep them and advance their careers.*
Yet some of the most successful start-ups and tech companies in Boston are being created and led by women.
Join us for the 4th event in our C-Suite Series, “Transforming the Tech Sector: Boston’s Women Leaders,” to learn what the experts think the future holds for women in the local tech landscape. Hosted by Tomorrow’s Women TODAY, this event will feature a networking reception and panel discussion featuring some of the top women founders and CEOs of tech companies in the Boston metro.
We will explore:
- The skills needed to be a senior-level tech executive and how to acquire them
- What it takes to advance your career in the male-dominated tech sector
- How to handle obstacles and take advantage of opportunities
- The panel’s shared wisdom for personal and professional success
Moderated by: Lauren Pimpare, President and Founder, Tomorrow’s Women TODAY
* According to an article in The Boston Globe titled “Few women are benefiting from surge in tech jobs” published May 17, 2016.
Leaders Will Include:
Siobhan Dullea of The Grommet, Chief Growth Officer
Jacqueline Hampton of Portico, Founder
Mary-Alice Miller of mosaicHUB, Inc., Founder and CEO
Liz Powers of ArtLifting, Co-founder and Chief Happiness Spreader
TO ATTEND REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/transforming-the-tech-sector-bostons-women-leaders-tickets-27554503261